HersheyPark Volunteer Job Descriptions & New Volunteer Waiver
- Food & Beverage: Assist catering staff with special group meals; assist in restaurants with prep work, basic cooking, serving customers, and maintaining general cleanliness. Some Organization Volunteers may be asked to handle money. Year round shifts are available.
- Ride Operations/Attractions: Assist operators at major rides, operate easy-to-run rides, enforce height restrictions and other safety guidelines, and sweep and maintain general cleanliness of ride area. Must be able to lift approximately 25-30 lbs. several times a day.
- Games: Assist in operating games; all Organization Volunteers must handle money and most games must be accessed by climbing in and out of two to three feet counters.
- Retail: Stocking and maintain cleanliness of shops, selling items to guests and operating a cash register.
- Utility: Pick up trash in the Hersheypark midways and landscapes. Wash down asphalt concrete walkways with fire hose, empty trash cans, wash sponsorship cars, and assist in cleaning the Hersheypark and adjacent parking fields. Must be able to lift up to 30-40 lbs.
- Guest Services (Used at ZooAmerica Guest Services Only): Will need to be able to work in outdoor location at Hersheypark/ZooAmerica bridge. Hand stamp and record guests entering ZooAmerica from Hersheypark. Ensure guests returning to Hersheypark from ZooAmerica have the proper hand stamp.
- ZooAmerica: Animal exhibit interpretation, hands-on learning tables, animal encounters, and assisting with special events such as Creatures of the Night and Scout Days. Organization Volunteers will need to be comfortable speaking with guests.
- Usher (Giant Center and Hersheypark Stadium): Checking guests tickets, showing guests to their ticketed seats and overseeing a section during an event. Organization Volunteers may also operate an elevator and maintain access control at various locations to ensure only those guests with proper tickets/credentials enter and exit. Organization Volunteers may also assist with guest surveys and distributing promotional material.
- Special Events (Treatville during Hersheypark In The Dark): Set up, prepare and give out candy to guests as they walk through Treatville during our Halloween events. Organization Volunteers will also control the entry to the area and ensure that guests only come through one time per day.
Parking Attendant: Assist in collecting parking fees and identifying parking passes as guests enter the Hershey Entertainment Complex. Organization Volunteers must be able to handle money and be comfortable processing cash transactions without the use of a calculator or cash register.
New Volunteer Waiver (See schedule a, new this year)
On the first day of your volunteer work each new year, all volunteers must sign a waiver. This is a requirement for working for the program. The volunteer waiver is below and is always subject to change:
In consideration of my desire to serve as a volunteer on behalf of the organization listed above (“Organization”) in
connection with the Organization’s participation in the Hershey Entertainment Complex Volunteer Program, I hereby
acknowledge, represent, warrant, and agree as follows:
1. I am an active, regular member and/or volunteer of the Organization.
2. I am 18 or older and represent and warrant that I do not have a criminal record containing any of the
crimes set forth on Schedule A, which is attached to this Agreement. Yes _____ No_____
3. I agree to provide a valid photo identification card (e.g. driver’s license) upon the request of HE&R.
4. My services are provided strictly in a voluntary capacity as a member and/or volunteer of the Organization
and not as an employee of Hershey Entertainment & Resorts Company (“HE&R”) for the sole purpose and
benefit of raising funds for the Organization.
5. I acknowledge that I will not receive any compensation, reimbursement, or payment of any kind
whatsoever from HE&R or the Organization for my services and no express or implied promise of
compensation, reimbursement, or payment of any kind for my services has been made to me.
6. In the event the Organization has requested HE&R to deliver Hersheypark Admission Tickets directly to
me, I acknowledge that those Hersheypark Admission Tickets are delivered to me by HE&R as a
convenience to the Organization and will not constitute compensation or payment of any kind for my
7. My services are provided without any employment-type benefit, including, but not limited to, employment
insurance programs or plans, worker’s compensation, unemployment compensation, vacations, or sick
8. I will familiarize myself and comply with HE&R’s policies and procedures applicable to volunteers, which
includes, but is not limited to, any dress code requirements.
9. I understand that I will not be entitled to any breaks while providing my services during a volunteer shift,
and that HE&R may terminate my services at any time, with or without reason.
10. I hereby release, remise, acquit, forever discharge, hold harmless, and covenant not to sue, for myself, my
heirs, executors, administrators, successors and assigns, HE&R, its owner, affiliated and related entities
and the directors, officers, employees, agents, predecessors, successors, assigns, and insurers of each
(the “Released Parties”) from any and all claims, demands, damages, losses, liabilities, obligations, costs,
fines, judgments, suits, actions, penalties, injuries, death and expenses, including, without limitation,
medical expenses and reasonable attorneys’ fees (collectively “Claims”) arising out of or related to the
volunteer services I agreed to provide at the Hershey Entertainment Complex on behalf of the
Organization, whether now existing or arising in the future.
11. This Agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the Commonwealth of
Pennsylvania. In the event that any clause or provision of this Agreement shall be held to be invalid by any
court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such clause or provision shall not otherwise affect the
remaining provisions of this Agreement, which shall continue to be enforceable.
By signing below, I certify that I have carefully read this Volunteer Release and Waiver Agreement and I fully
understand its contents. I am aware that this is a release of liability and legal contract between me and HE&R and that
it affects my legal rights.
Signature of Volunteer: _________________________________________ Date: ______________
Schedule A: NEW THIS YEAR--TAKE NOTE
1. Any Records involving Violence or Criminal Sexual Offenses with Dispositions of:
No Contest / Nolo Contendre
2. Any Felony Records involving Drugs or Dealing of Drugs (one or more within seven years) with
No Contest / Nolo Contendre
3. Any Felony Records that do not involve crimes of Violence, Criminal Sexual Offenses or Drugs (one
within the past year or two or more within seven years) with Dispositions of:
No Contest / Nolo Contendre
4. Any Misdemeanor or Felony Records with an Outstanding Warrant