Requests to Perform Community Service with Gemma's Angels
Gemma's Angels offers opportunities for those individuals who need community service for a variety of reasons--for a criminal offense, for school, for scouting, etc. Generally, you must be age 18 or over to perform community service. However, under certain circumstances, such as for scouting, that age limit is flexible but we will discuss that with a parent or guardian.
Complete the form below and we will get in touch with you as soon as we can. If you have any questions, you can email us at email@example.com or call us at (717) 298-0150 extension 5.
The following policies are in effect for those performing community service for Gemma's Angels. By signing the form electronically at the bottom, you are acknowledging that you have read, understood and accept those rules. If you are under age 18, you must have a parent or guardian sign them for you.
Gemma's Angels Community Service General Policies
- We expect that you will be present for the time that you agreed to work. If you are not able to work during that time, we ask that you call on a timely basis to report that you will not be here.
- Volunteers/Community Service workers who have been convicted of any sex crimes, violent crimes, domestic abuse, or felonies will not be accepted. Some felonies may be reviewed for consideration, depending on the nature of the crime. (see below)
- All matters concerning clients and volunteers will be considered confidential. This includes photographing or recording clients and volunteers while at a Gemma's Angels event or operation. You may not post any photographs on our social media channels without our express permission.
- Please dress appropriately:
- Wear a Gemma's Angels tee-shirt when one is assigned to your use.
- Avoid questionable or inappropriate graphics or wording on shirts or hats.
- Wear footwear appropriate for the job you have volunteered to complete.
- We ask that you wear a name tag (if one is provided) during the time you are volunteering, especially during times that Gemma's Angels is out among the public.
- Please represent Gemma's Angels in a respectful and professional manner. This includes being respectful and kind to clients, volunteers, and contributors.
- Eating is permitted during volunteer times but we ask that you use discretion when doing so.
- Smoking is never permitted when Gemma's Angels is at an event at, near, on or around our vehicles or exhibit areas.
- Please do not use your phone while you are volunteering except emergencies.
- If I have any questions while volunteering at, I agree to seek the Gemma's Angels supervisor or any officer before acting on behalf of Gemma's Angels.
- Gemma's Angels reserves the right to terminate your community/volunteer service at any time for any reason during the completion of your hours. Termination will occur if any of the above policies are violated.
Gemma's Angels Waiver of Liability
This Release and Waiver of Liability executed on the date submitted below by the volunteer, releases Gemma's Angels Limited (Nonprofit), a nonprofit corporation organized and existing under the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and each of its directors, officers, employees, and agents.
- The Volunteer desires to provide volunteer services for Nonprofit and engage in activities related to serving as a volunteer.
- Volunteer understands that the scope of Volunteer’s relationship with Nonprofit is limited to a volunteer position and that no compensation is expected in return for services provided by Volunteer; that Nonprofit will not provide any benefits traditionally associated with employment to Volunteer; and that Volunteer is responsible for his/her own insurance coverage in the event of personal injury or illness as a result of Volunteer’s services to Nonprofit.
- Waiver and Release: I, the Volunteer, release and forever discharge and hold harmless Nonprofit and its successors and assigns from any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind of nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise from the services I provide to Nonprofit. I understand and acknowledge that this Release discharges Nonprofit from any liability or claim that I may have against Nonprofit with respect to bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death, or property damage that may result from the services I provide to Nonprofit or occurring while I am providing volunteer services.
- Insurance: Further I understand that Nonprofit does not assume any responsibility for or obligation to provide me with financial or other assistance, including but not limited to medical, health, or disability benefits or insurance. I expressly waive any such claim for compensation or liability on the part of Nonprofit beyond what may be offered freely by Nonprofit in the event of injury or medical expenses incurred by me.
- Medical Treatment: I hereby Release and forever discharge Nonprofit from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first-aid treatment or other medical services rendered in connection with an emergency during my tenure as a volunteer with Nonprofit.
- Assumption of Risk: I understand that the services I provide to Nonprofit may include activities that may be hazardous to me including, but not limited to driving a vehicle, lifting boxes, picking apples and produce and other similar work involving inherently dangerous activities. As a volunteer, I hereby expressly assume risk of injury or harm from these activities and Release Nonprofit from all liability.
- Photographic Release: I grant and convey to Non Profit all right, title, and interests in any and all photographs, images, video, or audio recordings of me or my likeness or voice made by Nonprofit in connection with my providing volunteer services to Nonprofit.
- Other: As a volunteer, I expressly agree that this Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and that this Release shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. I agree that in the event that any clause or provision of this Release is deemed invalid, the enforceability of the remaining provisions of this Release shall not be affected.
- By electronically signing below, I express my understanding and intent to enter into this Release and Waiver of Liability willingly and voluntarily.
I agree that I have not been convicted, been found guilty, etc. of the following:
1. Any Records involving Violence or Criminal Sexual Offenses with Dispositions of:
No Contest / Nolo Contendre
2. Any Felony Records involving Drugs or Dealing of Drugs (one or more within seven years) with
No Contest / Nolo Contendre
3. Any Felony Records that do not involve crimes of Violence, Criminal Sexual Offenses or Drugs (one
within the past year or two or more within seven years) with Dispositions of:
No Contest / Nolo Contendre
4. Any Misdemeanor or Felony Records with an Outstanding Warrant
I understand the above policies and agree to uphold them during my time as a volunteer.
Complete the form below and we will get in touch with you as soon as we can. All of our services, by the way, are at no charge. If you have any questions, please call us at (717) 298-0150 extension 5.